PM Jan Dhan Yojana 2023: The scheme to open a Jan Dhan account was started by the current successful Prime Minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi. Which is known as Jan Dhan Yojana. ( Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2023 ) Free accounts were opened under this scheme.
All these accounts have been opened in Indian Nationalized Bank. If you have not yet opened an account under Jan Dhan Yojana. So you should open it as soon as possible. Because a big announcement can be made by the government for Jan Dhan account holders.
According to the sources, it is being told that there is going to be a benefit of up to ₹ 10000 in Jan Dhan accounts. Along with this, Jan Dhan account holders also get various benefits in other government schemes.
Let us know, what is PM Jan Dhan Yojana 2023? How can Prime Minister Jan Dhan account be opened? How will ₹ 10000 come from PM Jan Dhan Yojana 2023? What are the benefits for Jan Dhan account holders? Stay tuned to the article till the end for all the information related to Jan Dhan account opening and other schemes.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2023
Jan Dhan Account Scheme has been launched by the Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi for the economically weaker section and BPL category families . Under this scheme, it has been ensured by the Government of India to give the benefits of different types of schemes. With this, Jan Dhan account holders can get benefit of up to ₹ 10000. You can open Jan Dhan account in any nationalized bank.
Jan Dhan account will be opened free of cost in the bank and no charges will be taken by the bank. On opening Jan Dhan account, some limit is given to the account holder. That he cannot withdraw more than ₹ 10000 in 1 month.
Apart from this, the benefits of various schemes are also given by the government in Jan Dhan accounts.
At the national level, accounts of crores of people are being opened since the inception of PM Jan Dhan Yojana, under which they are getting these banking facilities free of cost. Along with this, interest on deposits, insurance amount, pension amount etc. is being received for them from this bank account. If you also want to open PM Jan Dhan Yojana account or want information related to it. So today’s article will be important for you, whose information you can see.
Short Details of PM Jan Dhan Yojana 2023
Scheme Name: Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
Name of the: article PM Jan Dhan Yojana 2023
declared by: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi
Department Name: Finance Ministry
internal: Indian government
benefits of the scheme: Door-to-door access to banking facilities Providing financial assistance
Total beneficiaries covered so far: 43.04 crores
Beneficiary: Indian Citizen
Total financial assistance provided so far: Rs 146,230.71 crore
total bank: 1.26 lakh
official website: https://pmjdy.gov.in/
The objective of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2023
As you know that there are many people who are not able to open their bank account and they are not aware about the banking facilities provided by the bank. This is a very good initiative of the Central Government for the poor families. Under this Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2023 , to provide the facility of opening a bank account on zero balance to the economically poor people of the country, backward class people and providing loan based, transfer facility, insurance and pension facility.
Through Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2023 , financial services like banking / savings, deposit account, remittance, loan, insurance, pension etc. are to be effectively made accessible to all.
The account opens with a zero balance
Actually Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2023 is one of the major schemes of the government. Prime Minister Modi himself also monitors this scheme. Let us tell you that Jan Dhan account is opened completely free and on zero balance. The government’s aim behind opening Jan Dhan account was to connect every poor with the bank. So that any government help can be given directly to the poor. Not only this, the government also provides many other facilities on the Jan Dhan account. Like insurance of two lakhs, check book, ATM card, overdraft facility etc.
10 thousand rupees can be withdrawn even if the account is empty
Let us tell you that the government provides overdraft facilities on PM Jan Dhan Yojana’s 2023 accounts. You can withdraw 10 thousand rupees when the account is zero. Let us tell you that earlier the limit of the overdraft was only Rs 5000. Which has been increased to Rs 10,000. But to get these 10 thousand rupees, the government has also put some necessary conditions. Only after completing these, you can take advantage of this facility.
These women can benefit
Let us tell you that only women can avail of the facility of overdraft. Along with this, such women will also be able to take advantage of this facility, whose age is 65 years. Also, you can avail of this facility once the account is 6 months old. If your account is newly opened then this amount will remain at only Rs 2000. Let us tell you that an overdraft is a kind of loan. You can deposit in easy installments or lump sum after completing your work.
More than 42 crores 55 lacks Jan Dhan accounts
As you all know that Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana has been started by the Prime Minister of our country Narendra Modi. The scheme was launched on 15 August 2014. Through this scheme, a target has been set to open a bank account for every citizen of the country. So that the citizens of the country can take advantage of all the facilities of banking. The main objective of this scheme is to have at least one bank account in every family in the country. Through Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, bank accounts are now being opened for every person in the country. Till June, more than 42 crores 55 lahks Jan Dhan accounts have been opened in the country.
Some special features of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2023
Jan Dhan Yojana was started by the Prime Minister of our country, Shri Narendra Modi in the year 2015 . Zero balance accounts were opened under this scheme. So far more than 1.20 crore accounts have been opened under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana. In which Rs 1,31,639 crore is deposited. Through this scheme, the government has set a target to connect every citizen of the country. ₹500 per month was sent by the government to Jan Dhan accounts of women during the Covid-19 lockdown.
More than 20 crore women have benefited under this scheme. The accounts opened by the government under Jan Dhan Yojana are used to avail the benefits of any government scheme. Some special features of Jan Dhan Yojana are as follows.
- The beneficiary’s savings account is opened under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2023.
- There is no need to maintain any minimum balance in the account opened under this scheme.
- Interest is also received from the bank on the accounts opened under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.
- A debit card is given to the beneficiary under this scheme.
- Accidental insurance cover of ₹ 200000 is also given under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2023. But you can take advantage of this facility only if you have used a debit card.
- Life insurance cover of ₹ 30000 is also given under this scheme.
- An overdraft facility of ₹10000 is also available on the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan’s account, but it is mandatory to link beneficiary’s account with Aadhaar to avail of this facility.
- This account is also used by the government to directly transfer benefits for any scheme.
Overdraft facility is available in PM Jan Dhan Yojana 2023 accounts
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2023 account holders are given an overdraft facility by the government if there is no balance in their account. Even after this, you can take an overdraft of up to ₹ 10000. Earlier this amount used to be ₹ 5000. Which has now been reduced to ₹ 10000 by the government.
- There will be no minimum balance charge in Jan Dhan’s accounts.
- Account holders whose accounts have been opened under Jan Dhan Yojana. They will not have to pay any minimum balance charge and those accounts will remain charge free for a long time.
Eligibility to take overdraft in PM Jan Dhan Yojana 2023 account
- PM Jan Dhan Yojana 2023 If the account holders want to take an overdraft from the bank. In such a situation, they have to follow some rules like:-
- To avail of the overdraft facility, the applicant must be above 65 years of age.
- If your Jan Dhan account is more than 6 months old. So this facility can be given to you.
- If your account has just been opened, you can be given an overdraft of up to ₹ 2000 only.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2023
- Financial services are being made available across the country under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2023.
- All poor citizens across the country can apply for a bank account by visiting any nationalized bank and open a bank account free of cost.
- You can deposit a maximum amount of up to ₹ 100000 in the bank account of PM Jan Dhan Yojana 2023.
- Insurance cover is also provided to you with your Jan Dhan Yojana account.
- If you deposit money in the account, interest will also be provided to you on the deposited amount.
- With the help of PM Jan Dhan Yojana’s 2023 account, you can do a transaction of ₹ 10000 per month.
Documents required for application in Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2023
- Aadhar Card
- mobile number
- Nominee Information
- Passport size photo (2)
- signature of Applicant
Go to the official page of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2023.
Official Website: Click Here